Breakfast Byte The Book Agent Tables – Speed Pitching to Agents at The Groucho ClubWednesday, September 12, 2018
8:30 - 10:30
Since 2012 Byte the Book has been at the very forefront of the publishing industry, running amazing events at the best venues in London and at book fairs around the world. Our primary aims are to educate authors and publishers on the latest developments in the book world and to help our community make valuable connections with each other and across the publishing industry. You can see some reports on recent events here and here.
One of the key things are members ask about again and again is wanting to meet agents, so we’re really excited to announce the launch of our agent tables events.
The first of these will be on Wednesday 12th September at The Groucho Club, Soho, and we are asking for submissions by Friday 27th July (see submission guidelines below for you to follow once you have booked your ticket).**
Think, eighteen authors, six agents plus a light breakfast at the Groucho Club, with each author submitting their work first and getting the opportunity to take two of the thirty-six slots on the day to meet privately with two agents each who have read their weok
The cost for a seat at this event is £40* for Byte The Book and Groucho members and £70* for non-members.
We also have tickets available for those that can’t make the breakfast these are £35 for non-members and £60 for non members and can be booked below.
If you’re not already a member you can join Byte The Book from £36 a quarter here.
*Ticket price include a light breakfast but exclude booking fee and VAT.
**Submission Guidelines (once you have purchased your tickets)
Please submit to email@example.com marking your submission Agent Tables and include the following:
– A brief personal biography of around 250 words with anything that you feel is relevant to your application
– A synopsis up to 600 words outlining the plot of your novel
– A brief pitch of your novel of up to 250 words, including genre (crime, thriller, literary, commercial women’s fiction, SF, etc.)
– First three chapters or equivalent amounting to 8-10,000 words
– Please also state what stage you are at – e.g. unfinished/finished manuscript; second draft, etc.